QPANA - Mission Statement
The Quebec PeriAnesthesia Nurses Association (QPANA) is a non-profit professional organization that was founded in June 1991. QPANA’s mission is to promote, maintain, and improve the standards of care, while ensuring quality care of the specialty and fostering the professional growth of its members.
QPANA maintains its mission through:
- Providing educational opportunities in all phases of perianesthesia care through its annual conference and general assembly.
- Contributing to the revision of the National Standards for Practice.
- Participating in the process of the National Certification in perianesthesia nursing.
- Formulating, analyzing, and implementing Standards of Perianesthesia nursing practice.
- Promoting public awareness and understanding of the perianesthesia care.
- Exchanging professional knowledge while networking on a provincial, national, and international level
- Facilitating cooperation between the health care professionals involved with the care of the perianesthesia patient
- Encouraging research in all phases of perianesthesia nursing
- Promoting interest and professional growth of nurses directly or indirectly involved in the care of the perianesthesia patient